We’ve literally all been there, multiple times over, when medicine moves us to our next stop without much time to prepare, research, and get settled. And as our careers, families, and earnings grow, we need trusted, physician-recommended resources to help us along the way. If we're lucky, we can connect with other physicians in our program ahead of time to get some advice on where to move, the best neighborhoods and schools, and maybe some referrals to solid businesses.
But at flipMD, we thought there must be a better way. Our goal with NextStop, the newest feature on our platform, is to connect physicians directly to local resources from anywhere and at anytime. NextStop preserves the collective knowledge of residents past and present to make your next move a whole lot easier, and that's something worth celebrating. Read on to see how it works.
The NextStop map organizes the referrals physicians and their families desperately need in one convenient place. Here's what you need to know:
- NextStop is a national network of physician-recommended resources
- The network includes realtors, mortgage lenders, financial advisors, and more, each experienced with physician clients
- It’s completely free to use, add to, and share with friends and colleagues
- To build your community or city's list of resources for new residents, fellows, and attendings moving to your area, just click the Add to the Map button, which will bring you here
- If you yourself are planning a move, or just want to see what's going on in your area, check out the live map anytime
I know that my wife and I really could've used a tool like this when we were having our first kid back in New Hampshire. I was in the middle of sub-Is and applying for residency, and it all fell on Lauren to figure out what we needed to do in terms of a will and other estate-planning stuff with a kid on board. Luckily, my wife is awesome, and she figured it all out (thanks, Lauren!), but it could've been a heck of a lot easier with a resource like this one.
With this in mind, we're so excited to see how you use the NextStop map! Be sure to drop a comment if you have any ideas about how we could make this map an even better tool. And if you know of a great resource, we hope you take a moment to add it to the map when you can. Because, let's be honest, who knows better than you, and physician life's a whole lot easier when we all help each other out just a little bit.
Oh, and of course, don't forget to share in your social network to be a help for someone's next recommendation request!